“Maximum Qty Discount is Applied to”

Please LogIn to Reply!

Post By: admin | 26-01-2012 06:35 Reply

This thread is from December 2009: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/71394/
To my knowledge “Maximum Qty Discount is Applied to” is still not working for shopping cart price rules.  I’m using Ver. 1.4.0.1, but looking through the release notes for newer version, it appears the issue has still yet to be addressed.

I am looking to offer (what I thought would be) a very simple discount.  Buy 2 get 1 at 50% off.  Fundamentally, all the information is in there, but when testing in the shopping the 50% discount is applied to all 3 products, as opposed to only one of the products.  I wanted the discount to apply to only the cheapest item, but since I can’t even get the basic premise of the coupon code to work at the moment I am more than willing to settle for just 50% any one of the items with the other 2 at full price.

Simply put, does anyone know how to get the “Maximum Qty Discount is Applied to” field to actually work?  Or perhaps I am thinking of it wrong (I think that by putting 1 in this field, it will apply the discount to only 1 item)?

Just bumping this one 6 months later. This is still not working for us and we’re running 1.4.1.1.

`Reply Or Comment!