Admin displays almost nothing after move

Please LogIn to Reply!

Post By: admin | 26-01-2012 06:35 Reply

Hi guys,

After moving files and databases around for a long long time I finally got my store to work on a new VPS. Frontend everything seems to work fine, but in the backend I get a weird, empty admin. When logged in, the admin shows our company logo, which is correct, the top bar and the search functionality (see attached image).

In the source code there are no errors to be found.

Does anyone have a clue what went wrong here?

Thanks in advance!

Image Attachments
admin.jpg

is this because of your admin modifications?
there must be javascript error or 503 404 somewhere in your logs

cheers

Signature 

SERVER CHECKUP - FREE - your server is good enough??
FPC InstallationMySQL TuningServer OptimizationSupport
http://www.magenx.com

You are absolutely right! Chrome Console is overflooded with 404 errors on JS and CSS files, didn’t notice that earlier. Magento seems to look for them in #secure_base_url/#full_php_base_path/#filename.

Any idea why it does that?

Found it! This was a permissions related error; setting 0777 to all folders in Media fixed it.

New problem: all of the Javascripts are loaded along with the CSS, so styling is in place but still nothing shows but the header; any clues?

Do you have any 3. party extensions installed which affects the admin panel?

Signature 

Professional Magento Optimized Web Hosting
Is your store broken? Need upgrade help? Now introducing the Magento Disaster Recovery service
Forum Special: 50% off on Magento hosting - use coupon code “magentocommerce”

Yes, a bunch, but they were functioning on the previous server with no problems.. Can I rule them out somehow?

Each extension has a configuration file located under app/etc/modules. You can disable the extension by changing the <active> flag to “false” in the respective XML file. This way you can narrow down if the problem is actually caused by an extension.

You just moved the site to another server or did you do an upgrade as well? Sounds strange that just a change of servers would result in such issues.

Signature 

Is your store broken? Need upgrade help? Now introducing the Magento Disaster Recovery service

You are the hero of the day! This easy way of ruling out the modules did it: with all shut off the admin works great again. There are 18 of them, so now i can find out which one creates trouble.

I did indeed just move to another server, for the second time with this shop, and it is also the second time it gave me this amount of trouble =) I think it’s important to really thourougly understand Magento before initiating such an action, just moving files and copying the database isn’t enough, you need to know about permissions, the core_config_data table, the disadvantages of cache and cache combined with combined .js-files and so on. grin

Thanks again for your tip!

timramakers - 29 August 2012 11:10 AM

You are the hero of the day! This easy way of ruling out the modules did it: with all shut off the admin works great again. There are 18 of them, so now i can find out which one creates trouble.

I did indeed just move to another server, for the second time with this shop, and it is also the second time it gave me this amount of trouble =) I think it’s important to really thourougly understand Magento before initiating such an action, just moving files and copying the database isn’t enough, you need to know about permissions, the core_config_data table, the disadvantages of cache and cache combined with combined .js-files and so on. grin

Thanks again for your tip!

No problem! Glad I could help. smile

Signature 

`Reply Or Comment!