Admin does not work properly

Please LogIn to Reply!

Post By: admin | 26-01-2012 06:35 Reply

I recently bought a store that was already active on the internet. After the transfer i noticed cache was disabled in the admin so i turned the cache function on with as result a PHP error in the fronted and in the backend.... I deleted all FTP files and the database and restored both with an update i made earlier that day.

Everything works fine now, except for the admin area. It has a strange blank template and when i log in all pages i try to reach send me to the 404 error page.

The admin log in page looks like this:
http://localhostr.com/file/5i6KWtT/Schermafbeelding%202012-04-22%20om%2015.47.06.png

What could cause this problem? Anyone an idea?

Hi,

It looks like the css file isn’t getting loaded correctly.

Have you set the base urls in the database? You should be looking for web/unsecure/base_url and web/secure/base_url in the core_config_data table.

Also make sure you’ve cleared the cache by deleting everything in the var/cache folder in your magento installation.

Signature 

I’m a Magento Developer at Meanbee.

You can also find me on twitter as @bobbyshaw

Thanks for your reply.

I just checked the database and the secure and unsecured url are both correct. I also deleted the cache without a result. The admin still does not work properly.

Should i look for the solution in my database or should i look at my files? The only thing i changed after uploading my files and adding my database again is:
- Changed the userid of admin user from 2 to 0 otherwise the admin would not work (heard this was the solution)

`Reply Or Comment!