Importing Product Images from a Spreadsheet

Please LogIn to Reply!

Post By: admin | 26-01-2012 06:35 Reply

I am just getting started trying to fill the store (Magento 1.5.0.1), and I have encountered some difficulties. I have been using the “import” and “export” from the menu to pull up and down products.

I put the images in the media folder and put proper relative paths in the spreadsheet, and I imported them. And the images showed on the frontend...but the images do not show up in the images tab of the “Manage Products” section in the admin panel. When I go into a product to edit it manually, and save, the image disappears!

I have also tried a similar technique when using the dataflow imports. But when I do that I get a “Image does not exist” error.

What is the best way to import product images via a spreadsheet? Also, how do you upload multiple images?

I am having trouble importing products as well. I’m getting the “Skipping import row, required field “sku” is not defined.” error for certain products. My skus are all unique, so I’m not sure why I am getting this error. To make sure that I have the correct format, I exported the products that are currently on the site and just added more products to the spreadsheet. Weird thing is, this error is only happening to certain products on the spreadsheet, not all of them. I also made sure to take out any special characters in the product name, thinking that it may have caused this issue, but that only resolved the problem for a few of the products.

Any ideas?

Yeah whats up with this? I have the same problem.

`Reply Or Comment!