Magento 1.4.2 and SCP

Please LogIn to Reply!

Post By: admin | 26-01-2012 06:35 Reply

I’ve not yet tested SCP with Magento 1.4.2.x, so it’s not supported.

Basically don’t just upgrade your live site to 1.4.2 and expect SCP to magically continue to work. It might, or it might not.

If you do have a go at using SCP with Magento 1.4.2 could you let me know how it goes please? (post in this thread)
If you come across any issues it would be great to hear about them as it’ll save me a bunch of time when I start looking at it myself.

Cheers,
Matt

Signature 

Organic Internet & Mobile
Mobile & Web Application Design & Development
Yorkshire, UK

I posted this in a bug thread but will also let you know what happened.

I have a comepletely fresh install of 1.4.2 and installed SCP as I have used it previously. 

The first thing I noticed is Connect Manager installs the extension via the key and shows all went well but when it’s refreshed the extension is not listed as being installed.

The second thing I noticed was in the config.  The SCP entry is there in the left nav but clicking on it produces a blank page in the main body where the SCP options normally reside.

I did not continue on to test the front end and I didnt think there would be much point.

Cheers,
Brent

I can not confirm your problems

BrentYYC - 22 December 2010 10:34 AM

.....I

The first thing I noticed is Connect Manager installs the extension via the key and shows all went well but when it’s refreshed the extension is not listed as being installed.

You find SCP on the bottom of the Configuration (left)

BrentYYC - 22 December 2010 10:34 AM

The second thing I noticed was in the config.  The SCP entry is there in the left nav but clicking on it produces a blank page in the main body where the SCP options normally reside.

You must check out and than check in again

Signature 

Ich fürchte mich nicht vor dem
langsamen Vorwärtskommen,
ich fürchte mich nur
vor dem Stehenbleiben.
Danke für eure Hilfe

Brigitte

Matt, are you fixing this or do you need more feedback with 1.4.2?  I can attempt to install it and provide whatever you might need.. I would really like to use your extension again!

Hiya,

I’ve just not had time to take a look at 1.4.2 yet. (I tend to work on SCP very sporadically as time allows)

For this one:

Can you confirm that logging out and back into admin (the first time after installing SCP) fixes the problem? If not, any errors in logs or any other info would be useful. (Especially as Quaeso seems not to have the same problem.)

Hmm, I read somewhere that they’d made some connect manager changes, in 1.4.2 I think. (though connect manager has always been very flaky for me) Not sure about this one until I’ve spent some more time looking into it.

..and then there’s Magento 1.5 soon too. It’s never ending! :}

Matt

Signature 

Organic Internet & Mobile
Mobile & Web Application Design & Development
Yorkshire, UK

Hey, I just installed magento for a quick job I have to do and I thoguht perhaps SCP was not working because the Admin display was blank!

Follow the advice above I logged out and then logged in again and I can now configure the SCP.

I Will know how it is working shortly!

Will keep you posted if you need to be, good to see a knowledgeable Yorkshire man on here plying his trade wink.

Great job with SCP BTW it is a life saver.

Hello,

we use Magento 1.4.2.0 and SCP is working great. It displayes the Simple-Product-Prices in the DropDown-List.

The only thing I never understand, and cant fix until now, is to display product-price-ranges.

example (shoes):
Configurable product has all information as required: images, descriptions and few attributes.
The simple products has only different prices and size.

The drop-down displayes all different prices for each simple product. Perfect.

But it dosent display price range: eg: Price from: 19,99 - to 49,99.
Only special-prices are displayed in normal way.

Is this a bug in 1.4.2.0 ? Because we dosent work with SCP in earlier verions of magento…

I’ve also tried all examples from forum here. Does anybody know how to solve it?

Thanks in advance.
Tyv.

Signature 

Magento 1.4.2.0

`Reply Or Comment!