Problem with jQuery.noConflict

Please LogIn to Reply!

Post By: admin | 26-01-2012 06:35 Reply

Hi everyone,

I’m trying to use jQuery alongside the Prototype library that comes with Magento.

I understand that in order to achieve this I need to put jQuery in “no conflict mode”.

I’ve got it to a stage where I think jQuery is in this mode, but now I keep getting $ is undefined errors in Firebug in other JavaScript files.

If I delete the line where it’s complaining about this, the error just moves elsewhere.

Surely this means I haven’t successfully put jQuery in no conflict mode? All other scripts should be able to run fine I thought.

Feel free to see the problem in action at this page.

Many thanks in advance!

Signature 

My Personal Portfolio
Honda Civic Forum

I was just sruggling with this yesterday.  If you are including jquery in page.xml, try moving it after the include for prototype.  When I did this jQuery noconflict did not try to take over the $ calls used by prototype.

Greg

Signature 

Check out mage-page.net for links to Magento blogs and current articles from around the web

Your function doesnt seem to be correct. You are trying to set a href attribute with a function where the parent.location.href is equal to the current one, but what’s the return ?
Force Factor

Try putting the jQuery.noConflict after all Javascript, i always use it at the bottom of my page (were all Javascript is)

I was having the same problem. After i installed it and had everything set up i couldnt get it to work. I tried to uninstall it and then reinstalled it. That made it work so maybe you should try the same thing. It could have not installed properly

Signature 

The Magic Of Making Up Review and TW Jackson saves relationships.

`Reply Or Comment!