Really Stupid Question Need help

Please LogIn to Reply!

Post By: admin | 26-01-2012 06:35 Reply

Hey I know this is probably a really stupid question but I cant seem to solve it I have a website I just got in charge of and I cant seem to change the default image logo. Do i ftp through go daddy or can i upload a new one. i dont have an option in the Configuration yet I can upload to a media folder using a media library extension. Can i manually route it to a logo that i have uploaded through the text box? Like I said this literally got dumped on me and if you can point me to some newbie tutorials on how to do stuff that would be much appreciated.

Hi,

You should be able to tell Magento the path to your logo in Configuration > General > Design. In there you should see "Header" with a box labelled "Logo img src” - this is where to put the path to your logo.

A quick way to find which folder to put your logo in is to right-click the logo currently showing on the site, make a note of the folder that the logo is in, upload your new logo to that folder - then all you need to do is change the filename in the "Logo img src” box.

See how you get on with that.

Andrew

Signature 

Magento E-commerce Website Design and Hosting from The Web Workshop

Hi,

You should be able to tell Magento the path to your logo in Configuration > General > Design. In there you should see "Header" with a box labelled "Logo img src” - this is where to put the path to your logo.

A quick way to find which folder to put your logo in is to right-click the logo currently showing on the site, make a note of the folder that the logo is in, upload your new logo to that folder - then all you need to do is change the filename in the "Logo img src” box.

See how you get on with that.

Andrew

Signature 

Magento E-commerce Website Design and Hosting from The Web Workshop

Ok so i went to System>> Configuration>> Design in the logo image src box i have it set to my logo image path which is ‘media/uploads/logo.png’ still nothing. What am I doing Wrong?? do i need the full http:// address??? I have a template on my site which is a black and white template could that be whats messing it up?

im sorta new to the asking department of this yahoo answers thing… ive answered PLENTY of questions though.
Hcg Free Trial

I think your logo is in root->media folder.

Go to skin->adminhtml->default->default->images and put your logo there. Then you can change the name of the logo (logo.gif) to your own logo name.

`Reply Or Comment!